Thursday, November 22, 2007

The Writers' Strike: You don’t know what you’ve got ‘til it’s gone.

I’ve been trying to keep up with the news about the WGA strike, and my best source of information has been Nikki Finke’s column, Deadline Hollywood Daily. I’ve been an avid reader since I don’t know when, but I’m especially grateful for her great connections and accurate reporting right now. Among the many columns she has devoted to the strike, she’s made several references to the blog written by the on-strike writers for the David Letterman show, which have provided numerous moments of levity during the weeks the strike has been ongoing. But today she has added something extraordinary – the first of a series of videos of actors and what their lives would be like without writers available to fix the problems that are constantly cropping up during rehearsals and filming of movies or shows. The inaugural video shows Holly Hunter trying to cope. Although I have understood the problems, conceptually, this video really brought it home. Check it out.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home